At The Helpers, we are looking to hire a part-time (30 hours) mental health professional (LICSW, LPCC, LMFT) for a dual diagnosis residential treatment center. The facility is on over 100 acres, providing a beautiful atmosphere for clients and staff. This new provider is opened its doors a few years ago helps clients access community recovery support services, including recovery housing.
This organization is rapidly growing and there is great potential of upward mobility, as they expand their services. Flexibility in scheduling and a competitive benefits package offered as well.
Some responsibilities include:
Under direction of the Program Director and Program Manager(s), deliver services meeting licensure
requirements and individual client needs as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in residential or outpatient
• Facilitate psycho-educational and therapeutic process groups regarding the disease of addiction and the
recovery process consistent with maintaining mental health
• Provide mental health services consistent with Rule 245G guidelines
• Co-facilitate groups/lectures dealing with the issues related to recovery from substance abuse and mental
• Provide culturally sensitive and relevant services to diverse clients and their families.
• Ability to perform diagnostic assessments and obtain from providers when necessary.
• Responsible for complying with federal and state confidentiality statutes following the approved lines of
authority set by the Program Director, upholding ethical standards established and implied by the profession,
and DHS rules, and maintenance of all required licenses including but not limited to:
o Providing the appropriate current license(s) for their employee file
o Providing documentation for 8 credit hours of annual mental health training
• Familiarity with MN Rule 245G and the NUWAY House Policies and Procedures Manual as they relate to client
services, client records and personnel
• When on-site, consult with staff for urgent mental health needs of clients
• One of the following licenses: Licensed Psychologist, LICSW, LMFT, LPCC
• Age 18 or older
• Demonstrated working knowledge in the field of Mental Health Services
• Able to pass Minnesota DHS background study
• Must be free of problematic substance use for at least two years immediately preceding employment and must
sign a statement attesting to that fact
• Excellent written, communication, customer service, and case management skills
• Strong facilitation, negotiation, investigation and mediation skills;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Possess maturity, patience, understanding and empathy with recovering individuals and work with a
• Ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds
• Physical Demands: Sitting for extended periods of time. Daily use of general office and/or residential facility
equipment. Lifting (max 10 pounds), minimal reaching, bending and stooping